Saturday, February 12, 2011

Blog Update


Thanks to all who have read this blog. As I reflect on my original intention and what this blog has become, I would like to recover my original purpose with a few new new media tactics. I realize the blog has become a repository for my progressive media activities. I would be proud to call it liberal media, and in fact I am happy to disclose my bias as a blogger seeking radical Truth, which transcends all political labels.

I'd like to return to my original idea to distinguish posts as consumed media, produced media and reflection through the use of logos.

consumed media.

produced media

reflection



I designed the images myself (haha) long ago and haven't been using them. I think they will be helpful designations for readers who would prefer only to read mindful reflection, rather than getting a deluge of consumed media, or vice versa.

Second, I am getting on Twitter! After seeing what a powerful tool it can be for activists it Iran, Tunisia and Egypt, I think it is finally time for me to use it mindfully. I was skeptical of Twitter at the beginning. In fact I thought it was dumb. ("Tweets!? Sounds dirty or something.") But I also knew in 2009 when Twitter came to my attention, that I would inevitably end up using it at some point. I think now is the time. Follow me @bking47!

Now that I'm on Twitter, I will use this as my major activist media forum - to spread information about the causes I find important. Hopefully, this will satisfy friends who have noticed the increasing seriousness of my politically oriented facebook posts. (I will probably still post politically on FB, but I'll try to keep it light, fun and bubbly.) Facebook = friends. Twitter = activism.

No comments:

Post a Comment