Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Anti-critical Thinking

Recently, a friend who I consider to be a spiritual mentor told me, "Ben, you are a very critical thinker." Generally, I consider this a compliment. Although I have many critical thoughts about our spiritual organization/religious group, we both understand that these thoughts serve to deepen faith. Faith cannot, and should not, be blind.

However, tonight I opened myself to the concept of anti-critical thinking. That is, I decided that I would listen to the radio show below with a sense of openness and non-judgement. I'm glad I did.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/americameditating/2014/10/13/what-are-you-broadcasting-with-bestselling-author-futurist-dawn-clark

A year or two ago, the feelings of uneasiness provoked by this podcast may have driven me to turn it off. Too much feminine energy. Too new-agey. The guest and her father are associated with the military industrial complex. Too corporate in her approach. Though these thoughts are still present, I decided to view them with open awareness. As a result, the message of love broadcast here is now radiating through me. I want to share this message, this frequency, with my friends, family, and the entire world. Love might be an approximation or an interpretation of this frequency, as would nam-myoho-renge-kyo, as would Truth in the Gandhian sense. Whatever these words point to, that is what I want to broadcast.

Thank you to Dawn Clark for attuning me to this frequency. I look forward to exploring her website!   

Update:
10/15/14
I am back to critical thinking today. After looking at Dawn Clark's website, I found that she requires an email address to view 3 "free" hours of video listed on her gifts page. Information is currency. I'm resentful she's reinforcing the prrdominant economic paradigm - there is no free lunch. I feel swindled!

No comments:

Post a Comment